Monday, February 6, 2012

Mothers


You love your mom, I'm pretty sure. But what would you do if something happened to her?? My mother has M.S (Multiple Sclerosis) Which has no cure and is deadly. She went from being able to halfway walk a few years ago even though it was hard, and being able to drive, to not being able to do ANYTHING on her own. She is in a wheelchair and sometimes she spends hours in the bathroom not being able to do anything. She can hardly even leave her house. And she is non-stop shaking. And for those of you who do not know what M.S is "Multiple sclerosis (or MS) is a chronic, often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system, which is made up of the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerves. Symptoms may be mild, such as numbness in the limbs, or severe, such as paralysis or loss of vision. The progress, severity, and specific symptoms of MS are unpredictable and vary from one person to another." 
And right now my mother is pretty severe. And she could die any day now. She does not have much longer and I know that. She came down with M.S almost right after finally getting her cosmetology license. She worked so hard for it. Then when she came down with M.S she couldn't do it anymore. Her vision started going in and out and she couldn't control her shaking. Me and my mom have not always gotten along, but I still love her. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost her. She's my world, the woman that gave birth to me. I would do anything in my power to help her and if I could I would make me have the disease instead of her. I read that you are more likely to get M.S if some people in your family have it. Which means I might be at risk in the future too. I'm not afraid though. Because then I'll know the pain she is feeling. And how hard it is on her. Until then I will never TRULY understand. I don't want to have it because it is very difficult to live with and deadly but I'm ready for it if it happens. I'll always be there for her whenever she needs me or needs somebody to just confide in. Everybody needs somebody to talk to. Me myself, I usually hold stuff in. I don't talk to anybody or tell people what is wrong. But when something big happened in my life she was the first person I went to. I ended up calling her in the middle of the night crying and telling her things that I would normally never tell anybody. That's when I knew that if something was seriously wrong I would turn to her. And again, me and her have not always gotten along. We've had some big things happen when I lived with her but I love her with all my heart. We never meant for anything that happened to happen. She's helped me in more ways then she knows. So my question to you guys is: What would you do if you ever lost your mom to a deadly disease? How would you handle it?. Me, I don't know what I would do if that day ever comes...

2 comments:

  1. I wrote something before but i didnt know i had to sign up sry ty i love this baby girl ;)

    ReplyDelete